x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

UMG PreConstruct does not match Play

Hey everyone,

I've been learning some UMG practices from the Generic Shooter (huge thanks to Michael Allar for making some amazing projects) to make a Main Menu for my project and I'm trying to sort my game modes with multiple vertical boxes nested in a widget switcher.

I wanted to keep it simple and read the potential game modes from a data table (like in GS) then sort the modes using text arrays to determine how to distribute the buttons to the necessary vertical boxes.

Here's my code (sorry for the mess, but I tried multiple concepts and all produced the same result)::

http://prntscr.com/l9d2gy

http://prntscr.com/l9d9tb

http://prntscr.com/l9d32l

http://prntscr.com/l9d42q

The code worked perfectly during the PreConstruct process (shown below)

http://prntscr.com/l9cv5a

But then when I ran a PIE session I got this::

http://prntscr.com/l9d5u2

And when running in a packaged build, nothing shows up at all.

Right now I'm only getting 30 FPS when running that particular level, but I figured that wouldn't be an issue. (I understand that you can have issues with blueprints executing in the correct order)

I've also tried running the code outside of a function and have also called the function as impure and non const, but no changes occurred.

I know for a fact there aren't any typos in the text arrays or the code wouldn't fire in PreConstruct.

If it matters at all, I'm streaming in two levels on play (which is when this widget is constructed) so my first thought is that it's a performance issue, but I want to be sure before I go tearing up my level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Product Version: UE 4.20
Tags:
more ▼

asked Oct 23 '18 at 10:08 AM in Bug Reports

avatar image

F_Innovations
59 3 3 6

avatar image engelmanna Oct 23 '18 at 02:14 PM

Have you tried running the working code via the Construct Node, and not the PreConstruct node?

avatar image F_Innovations Oct 23 '18 at 06:39 PM

Yeah I've tried both nodes (see my second screenshot), but the results are exactly the same.

avatar image Jeff A ♦♦ STAFF Oct 24 '18 at 05:51 PM

Hello,

We've recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

avatar image F_Innovations Oct 24 '18 at 07:56 PM

Thank you so much!

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

Creating an answer to mark this issue as resolved. Thank you Jeff for pointing me to the proper location!

more ▼

answered Oct 24 '18 at 08:09 PM

avatar image

F_Innovations
59 3 3 6

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question