x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Packaging Error for Android

I have tried for a while to google around on my issue, with no luck yet. At the moment I'm having trouble packaging for Android, not sure what made it happen because it worked fine before. I will paste the errors I got below.


 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): :app:compileDebugJavaWithJavacZ:\app\src\main\java\com\epicgames\ue4\GameActivity.java:100: error: package com.google.vr.sdk.samples.permission does not exist
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): import com.google.vr.sdk.samples.permission.PermissionHelper;
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):                                            ^
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Z:\app\src\main\java\com\epicgames\ue4\GameActivity.java:526: error: cannot find symbol
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):          PermissionHelper.acquirePermissions(new String[] {"android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"}, this);
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):          ^
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):   symbol:   variable PermissionHelper
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):   location: class GameActivity
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Z:\app\src\main\java\com\epicgames\ue4\GameActivity.java:2031: error: cannot find symbol
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):          if (PermissionHelper.checkPermission("android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS"))
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):              ^
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):   symbol:   variable PermissionHelper
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):   location: class GameActivity
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): 3 errors
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):  FAILED
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): * What went wrong:
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): > Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): * Try:
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): BUILD FAILED in 27s
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): 39 actionable tasks: 39 executed
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "D:\Unreal Projects\CubeEscort\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)):        (see C:\Users\mini_\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\Log.txt for full exception trace)
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
 UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ATC)): BUILD FAILED
 PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error


Previously I had a different error, where I was missing a "...shipping-armv7-es2.so" file, and the solution I found online was to copy/paste a similar file from the engine folder to my projects folder, and rename that file with my project name before the "...shipping-armv7...". This got rid of the "missing .so file" error, but now I have the errors above instead.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or have any suggestions? I will give you a cookie in return <3

PS: I am packaging for "Android (ATC)", tho I believe that it happens when I try to package for other versions as well. I will try it out!

Product Version: UE 4.20
Tags:
more ▼

asked Nov 08 '18 at 08:41 PM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Crossbones93
11 3 3 5

avatar image mellondill Nov 11 '18 at 03:43 PM

I'm having the same problem as you've mentioned. Maybe somebody has any solution?

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

The solution I found for the issue was to migrate all my files from my project into a completely new project, now packaging is working as intended (but now I have some other problems when launching the APK file, but that's for another post).


My steps

  1. Make a new empty blueprint project.

  2. Open the old project.

  3. Right click "Content" folder and click "Migrate...".

  4. Choose the "Content" folder of your new project.

  5. Setup the specific settings you had, in your new project.

  6. Package the game and observe the build is successful.


I hope this helps!

more ▼

answered Jan 20 '19 at 07:53 PM

avatar image

Crossbones93
11 3 3 5

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question