How to properly import Mixamo animations?
So, I was using Mixamo files since long time ago, now in Version 4.21 it seems I can´t import animations without breaking them, these are my steps:
1) Download a character from Mixamo, I´m just downloading POSE T, without animations (as I would like to add multiple animations later)
2) Drag an drop this file in unreal, these are my options: (The only setting I changed, is this "T0as ref pose", otherwise import throws several warnings about missing bones.
3) Now, search and download an animation from Mixamo: Note that I checked this "in place" option, otherwise the character will move on my animation.
4) These are the options selected while downloading: Note that SKIN = No Skin (otherwise, the file will include the Character, I already downloaded separated on step 1)
5) Now, try to import this animation, by selecting my character in the options:
6) Result will be something like Ripley`s clone, asking to end with his life:
Strange thing is, If I download the animation WITH skin, the animation is ok, but it will create a new bone everytime.
How should I import this files? I`m sure i´m missing a simple checkbox, I tried several things and still no result.
Thanks in advance.
asked Nov 15 '18 at 12:42 PM in Using UE4
Ok, so after resenting settings, and trying again, I find out that the right way to import, is by checking this option:
And now, the animation works fine.
Sorry for the long post, auto-response... it was rubber duck debugging basically :/
answered Nov 15 '18 at 12:48 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here