x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Local Dedicated Server Guide Issue on 4.21

I followed the guide linked here, https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Dedicated_Server_Guide_(Windows_%26_Linux), and came across an issue of not being able to connect to my local port. The server executable runs but I believe the logs are incorrect. Instead of saying listening on port 7777, it says this towards the end,

[2019.01.22-13.25.55:121][ 0]LogStreaming: Display: Took 0.020s to InitGameTextLocalization.

[2019.01.22-13.25.55:132][ 0]LogAssetRegistry: FAssetRegistry took 0.0110 seconds to start up

[2019.01.22-13.25.55:222][ 0]LogStreaming: Display: Flushing async loaders.

[2019.01.22-13.25.55:239][ 0]LogPackageLocalizationCache: Processed 10 localized package path(s) for 1 prioritized culture(s) in 0.016735 seconds

[2019.01.22-13.25.55:240][ 0]LogPakFile: New pak file ../../../FortniteClone/Content/Paks/FortniteClone-WindowsNoEditor.pak added to pak precacher.

[2019.01.22-13.25.55:241][ 0]LogInit: Selected Device Profile: [WindowsServer]

[2019.01.22-13.25.55:251][ 0]LogNetVersion: FortniteClone 1.0.0, NetCL: 0, EngineNetVer: 5, GameNetVer: 0 (Checksum: 1794390098)

If these logs are correct, then I'm still unable to connect when running the client program as the join messages do not show up on the logs either.

I also ran netstat -aon | findstr :7777 in command prompt to see if the server was actually running on port 7777 and it wasn't.

Update: I had some code in my gamemode.cpp file for implementing amazon gamelift when I was trying to just test localhost. Therefore, the logs above were correct but it was stuck waiting on an amazon gamelift program to run before running on port 7777. So I removed this code and rebuilt but now I'm getting this error,

[2019.01.26-19.53.31:230][ 0]LogNet: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 IpNetDriver listening on port 7777

[2019.01.26-19.53.31:274][ 0]LogWorld: Bringing World /Game/Maps/Level_BattleRoyale.Level_BattleRoyale up for play (max tick rate 30) at 2019.01.26-14.53.31

[2019.01.26-19.53.31:288][ 0]LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.057530

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:812][ 0]LogWindows: Warning: CreateProc failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x00000002)

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:814][ 0]LogWindows: Warning: URL: ../../../Engine/Binaries/Win64/CrashReportClient.exe "C:/Users/Chris/Documents/Unreal Projects/FortniteClone/WindowsNoEditor/FortniteClone/Saved/Crashes/UE4CC-Windows-7A4169CD4F6

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:815][ 0]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:817][ 0]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:817][ 0]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:820][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff646e78d84 FortniteCloneServer.exe!UnknownFunction []

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:821][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff648c0d1ea FortniteCloneServer.exe!UnknownFunction []

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:822][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff649ab094b FortniteCloneServer.exe!UnknownFunction []

...

...

...

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:872][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdf0847e94 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []

[2019.01.26-19.53.32:873][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdf339a251 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Product Version: UE 4.21
Tags:
more ▼

asked Jan 26 '19 at 10:22 PM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

DaneBrick
11 4 5

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left

1 answer: sort voted first

It's been a while since I've asked this question, but I eventually added some files to the folder where my server executable was located to help me debug my issue further. Basically, I took all the server files (not just the executable) from my Binaries/Win64 folder

alt text

and copy and pasted them to the same folder where I copy and pasted my server executable to when I built the project. In my case it was the WindowsNoEditor/{NameOfProject}/Binaries/Win64 folder.

Now when I run the server and it crashes, I get a more descriptive reason in the logs as to what caused it to crash. In my case, it was that I did not check whether or not GetController() was nullptr before using it in BeginPlay in my Character class. I added a HasAuthority check to deal with it, since GetController() will return nullptr in BeginPlay on the server only.

capture.png (11.1 kB)
more ▼

answered Feb 06 '19 at 07:59 AM

avatar image

DaneBrick
11 4 5

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question