Launcher: No version information received
I have the same problem many others appear to have had. I have browsed the other solutions, re-downloaded, changed DNS servers etc, no luck. Log file attached here. I have masked out my login credentials/e-mail address for security. Any help at all greatly appreciated.
Okay, I think I have this solved.
First, I tried doing an un-install and re-install. The installer got hung in the middle and I had to kill the process. I'm pretty sure that this partial install was responsible for the weird launcher behavior.
Second, I tried installing on a second, nearly identical PC that I own (all the same hardware / OS etc.) and it installed flawlessly. I'm not sure what is wrong with the first PC, but my other one seems to work fine.
So anyway, whatever the issue is, it seems to be with my machine and not the UE4 launcher. I'll use my second PC for now and perhaps down the road sort out what was wrong with the first one.
Thanks for the help!
I'm feeling so frustrated by this issue that I've had for two weeks now. I get the same problem. I have checked my firewall, and I have uninstalled, and re-installed UE4. I'm still getting the same exact problem over and over again, and all the threads I find on this seem to end with the same resounding, NO SOLUTION, ... people say, oops it's working now, and then the issue is dropped. Well for me it is not dropped. I have tried so many of the solutions here.
answered Oct 19 '14 at 06:59 AM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here