x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Office Holiday

Epic Games' offices will be on holiday from June 22nd to July 7th. During this period support will be limited. Our offices will reopen on Monday, July 8th. 

ERROR: Client exited with error code: -1073740791

I am trying to package a basic project (mostly empty) and when I try to integrate a static library, it cannot Launch after the packaging completes. The error I see is: ERROR: Client exited with error code: -1073740791

What's interesting is I had to deactivate a WebM Video plugin (from Epic, marked beta) to even get it to compile during packaging. If the plugin was activated then linking fails during the compilation/build step: vpxmd.lib(vpx_src_vpx_codec.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance fatal error C1047: The object or library file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Plugins\Media\WebMMedia\Source\ThirdParty\libWebM\libvpx\lib\Win64\VS2015\vpxmd.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

The static library I'm using is built from a Windows UWP static library project from VS 2017 (C++), where I have Consume Windows Runtime Extension on (Yes /ZW), as it's the only way to get access to the Windows 10 Bluetooth LE driverstack. To note, it also has /MD (Multithreaded DLL) for RuntimeLibrary set.

What's interesting is everything works as expected in the editor, and the static library and bluetooth functionality is functioning without error. Furthermore, I do see traces of webm in the shipping log, in regards to CreateIntermediateTextFile.

Why does my library work within the editor and not during this packaging phase?

== UPDATE ==

The error was in regards to WinRT not being CoInitialized. I found that by defining`Microsoft::WRL::Wrappers::RoInitializeWrapper initialize(RO_INIT_MULTITHREADED);` globally in the thread, I could get this to run up to the splash screen, but then crashes with an exit code of 1, unknown error. I'm going to remake the static library as a dynamic one and see if that makes any sort of difference.

== UPDATE 2 == I rebuilt this as a DLL, it works now.

Product Version: UE 4.21
Tags:
more ▼

asked Jan 24 '19 at 07:03 PM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

viperscape
8 1 2 4

avatar image viperscape Jan 25 '19 at 12:18 PM

By turning off "Whole Program Optimization" on the static lib's compilation process, I could build with this webm plugin; but the exit code still remains.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

0 answers: sort voted first
Be the first one to answer this question
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question