x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Office Holiday

Epic Games' offices will be on holiday from June 22nd to July 7th. During this period support will be limited. Our offices will reopen on Monday, July 8th. 

Android Packaging Taking > 12hrs. What's up?

I am using a custom source build of UE4.21.1 from GitHub and am trying to deploy a mobile GoogleVR app to android for the first time. This is my first time deploying since installing the Android prerequisites in Engine/Extras/AndroidWorks and for some reason my packaging is taking forever. I started one build last night and it wasn't finished in the 9 hours I was away, so I stopped and restarted it and it has been running for over 12 hours now. The output log has been stuck at

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): LogCook: Display: Sandbox cleanup took 0.037 seconds for platforms Android_Multi iterative false

for the vast majority of that time and no further output has been logged. UAT has been, and still is, running according to TaskManager.

As you can see from the line above, I am doing a first time package for all Android targets, so I expected this to take a while, but should this really take 12 hours on a reasonable development rig?

I'm running Win 8.1 - 64bit with 32GB RAM a 3.4GHz i7-6800K and a GTX1070.

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know why this might be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I've attached a full log. I've now tried this while packaging with ATC separately and ETC1 separately and it seems to stop outputting anything after the "Unable to read previous cook inisettings for platform Android_ETC1 invalidating cook" step. Still not really sure where to go from here, but that last part leads my to believe it's going into the weeds during the cooking process.

Product Version: UE 4.21
Tags:
more ▼

asked Mar 21 '19 at 01:39 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

DesertEagle_PWN
182 9 24 24

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

Answer to my own question:

I appears that Avast! antivirus was blocking the package process by refusing to run some Incredibuild executables without letting me know. I was able to package by disabling Avast! and I suspect adding an exception for the Xoreax program file directories should eliminate this problem, but I will need to confirm that.

Update: I have confirmed that this was indeed the issue and that adding an exception to Avast for the AndroidSDK and Xoreax directories resolved the issue.

more ▼

answered Mar 22 '19 at 06:51 PM

avatar image

DesertEagle_PWN
182 9 24 24

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question