If in the editor the location of an Actor with Child Actor Components is changed, the appearance in the editor is correct but ingame the childs are at old location. I was able to reproduce this in a sample project with only starter content.
The Bug: 1) If I move a managed chair in editor by hand.
2) Trigger manager to reset the position of managed object by changing a variable on the manager instance, in details panel.
3) If I start the game, the child actor component is at old location
If I insert a step between 2/3 to set the position by hand in details panel, the chair is at correct position.
How to reproduce:
1) Create empty project with starter content.
2) Open content folder in explorer
3) Create folder \Content\StarterContent\Blueprint
4) Copy ChairBP, Manager, Parent.uasset in
5) place Parent outside of the plane, add tag "Managed"
6) place Manager, in editor the chair is at correct position
7) start, chair is at old position
migrated and exported files
Maybe interesting behavior related to this I've observed:
If I use "Set Actor Transform [x] teleport" in Construction Script of the manager to change the parent position it works for Child Actor Component and the Instanced Meshes. If I use the exact same "Set Actor Transform" at runtime, everything except the Child Actor Components are moved. So the "Set Actor Transform" works different in editor / at runtime. I can handle this case, calculating the offset and at runtime set every child actor component to the new position. Like this bug, I experienced a lot of bugs related to objects with "child actor components". Most of the time, it helps to destroy and recreate the object. Sometimes I just had to clone the class and change every Child Actor Component to this class. The last one occured multiple times too, so I just switch beween the copy and original class. This raises the question for me, is this known behavior or could this be an indicator for other problems with the pc like RAM/SSD/Driver/Defender errors?
Example Project with Video
The sha256sum of the archives, which are rar5.
May 06 '19 at 02:04 PM
in Bug Reports