Files not showing in content browser but exist in Windows File Explorer after pulling from Source Control
Hey friends. First let me describe the problem to you.
Last time I worked on this project was at my home PC, I saved it and pushed it to a github repository and pulled it today on my laptop.
As you can see in the attached picture. There are files within my content folder that are not showing up in the engine content browser. The most annoying of which is this .Umap file. There are others missing. Including a blueprint .uasset file and a UI .uasset file.
These seem to be the solutions that other people have used in similar circumstances. None of which have worked. This has occurred before and I can solve it by using the backup files that are autosaved. This is just very tedious and I would like to know how to prevent it. So in the future I don't have to spend half an hour renaming and importing backup files.
EDIT: I've also tried deleting the CachedAssetRegistry file in Intermediate and rebuilting.. I've also tried deleting the Saved, Intermediate, and Config files and rebuilding. I've also tried right clicking on the Content folder in the explorer and clicking on Fix Up Redirectors in Folder.
One computer was on 4.21, the other was on 4.22.
Odd that this did't cause a problem when I pulled it to work on the PC on 4.22. Only when I tried to push it the opposite direction.
I downloaded 4.22 on the problem PC and did a convert in place and that fixed the problem. (Despite some unrelated problems with the compiler running out of memory.)
answered May 18 '19 at 06:56 AM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here