GetSocketByName No SkeletalMesh for Component?
I'm getting this many times in the output log:
LogSkinnedMeshComp: Warning: GetSocketByName(Backpack): No SkeletalMesh for Component(CharacterMesh0) Actor(ThirdPersonCharacter_167) LogSkinnedMeshComp: Warning: GetSocketByName(hand_lSocket): No SkeletalMesh for Component(CharacterMesh0) Actor(ThirdPersonCharacter_167) LogSkinnedMeshComp: Warning: GetSocketByName(hand_rSocket): No SkeletalMesh for Component(CharacterMesh0) Actor(ThirdPersonCharacter_167)
It's happening with my three Static Mesh objects that I have connected to my SkeletalMesh. I have many other Skeletal Meshes attacked to it that are working fine, its just the static ones that Im having an issue with, the Backpack, and left/right hand sockets. They were working fine before, but I started having the issue when I created a customization screen. Which might be connected to this message in the Output Log as well?
LogUObjectHash: Warning: Ambiguous search, could be CanvasPanel /Game/Main/Blueprints/CharacterUI.CharacterUI:WidgetTree.CanvasPanel_200 or CanvasPanel /Engine/Transient.World_17:CharacterUI_C_297.WidgetTree_0.CanvasPanel_200
Sorry, I'm somewhat new to this, usually I can just look at past questions but I've tried a few things now and nothing has worked. Here's what I see when I press play Here's the BPs for the buttons in the customization screen, theres more than this but most of em are just copies And here's the CharacterBP, where I suspect the issue is. The Glove customization on the left works just fine, all of the customization that is changing skeletal meshes doesn't seem to be having an issue, just the statics. Finally, my character in the Viewport, both here and in the Widget Interface Viewport, the character looks completely fine, so I'm really not sure what the issue is. For the record it's really late, so my apologies if this is something really obvious
asked May 19 '19 at 08:38 AM in Blueprint Scripting
Alright! Turns out I'm not very smart Lol. I have all of my skeletal meshes trying to change the base mesh of the character, which was also screwing up the static meshes when they tried to attach I think. I believe I've got it sorted out.
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here