Persistent lvl doesnt trigger BeginPlay in Standalone (after upgrade to 4.22.2)
Using UE 4.22.2, Perforce Rev. P4V/NTX64/2019.1/1797168, Win64, fully BP project.
We've been working with version 4.19.2 for some time, and recently upgraded to 4.22.2. We use few simple functions in our Persistent level blueprints, that are initiating on Begin Play event. After the upgrade those stopped triggering, when launched in Standalone Game. They, however, do trigger, when launched in PIE, or in packaged project.
I've attempted disconnecting every single node, and just using "Print String" and those also don't fire. I've already tried with a blank project, and can confirm that Begin Play works as expected in level BP.
We do use Perforce as source control tool, and have attempted to test this on multiple workspaces with the same result.
So far, couldn't find anyone experiencing similar problem, besides this: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/582960/begin-play-event-not-firing.html
However, this is somehow related to game mode and casting. Just in case I've tried this solution, to no success.
Any chance we are missing some kind of new/old setting that might be blocking this? Settings search haven't shown anything, besides ability to add arguments to Standalone instance.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
So, after a massive amount of attempts, I've reached a roadblock. Refreshing/deleting nodes so far didn't show any success, I've tried to do this with all the BPs that could be even remotely related to startup, including map, game modes, interfaces, etc. Won't be possible to do this to every single object at our current scale.
After the downgrade I attempted to launch the most recent revision of my project (the one where we found out that there's a problem with Standalone) but launch it on 4.19.2, and there was no problem. So, as Ronnie has stated, there's definitely a problem with converting.
Re-converting few times didn't show any improvement, so, apparently there is something happening in our project that doesn't work in 4.22.2/3.
That means, we are stuck with 4.19.2 for a year, or until we get someone to deal with this. Alternatively, I will attempt to gradually upgrade to 4.20, then 4.21 then 4.22 and see if that will help.
There's an issue with casting, structs, data tables, UMG, and a few other things I've found when updating the engine.
There's a couple solutions to this:
1: Fine every single cast, struct, data table, and in all your UMG widgets, you need to right click the nodes and refresh them or
2: Completely delete and re-add all casting nodes, structs, data tables, etc...
It's extremely tedious, especially if the project is big like some of the ones I've worked on. But it works, I submitted a bug ticket to Epic and they said it was something wrong with MY code. Though I've combed through it dozens of times. This is the only solution to either refresh all of these, or delete and re-add them.
But again for me, as far as I've noticed it's only with the things I mentioned above:
Structs Data Tables Casting Nodes Actor Variables (character, pawns etc...) UMG nodes both in UMG itself, and in whatever blueprint is referencing them
answered Jun 14 '19 at 08:28 PM
Haha it happens. There's a term in the tech world we call "FBFM" "Fixed By F**kin Magic" .. Sometimes things just work, sometimes they don't.
answered Jun 22 '19 at 07:32 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here