UEFN won't launch, opens and then closes immediately

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

I cannot open the program, it merely opens on the Epic Games Launcher, and then closes without opening any new windows. I have tried launching via the executable, which leads to it saying it’s missing tbb.dll.

I have tried copying the existing dll from one path into there to try and fix it, it opens but then closes and gives me an error saying it failed to load a descriptor.

I have absolutely zero information on this and I have not seen anyone else run into this issue, nothing online at all, been trying for the past hour now.

Steps to Reproduce

Open Epic Games Launcher - Navigate to UEFN - Open Application - Application does not launch.

Expected Result

Expected result is for the program to open the UEFN Editor.

Observed Result

Result is that the editor does not open at all and refuses to launch.

Platform(s)

PC

I have the same issue, It might be this new version

1 Like

Is it fairly new? I’ve never used the UEFN thing before so it’s my first time trying it out, i’m hoping to get more light on it soon

3 Likes

I think they just changed the path to Fortnite_Studio… it used to be on the same directory of Fortnite, I think this could be causing those problems… lets see if anybody updates

I am also having the same issue. I have had all sorts of problems since updating UEFN on Wednesday. Initially I couldnt launch a session and now this has happened since doing a fresh install.

The status of FORT-724994 incident has been moved from ‘Ready for QA’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Fixed’

I just downloaded UEFN for the first time and this is the first thing that greeted me :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I have had the same issue and have been trying to figure it out all day. The editor simply refuses to launch no matter what I do! I have verified the files multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled it, and it simply refuses to work.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue, i been going around in circles for 2days. I am a software engineer and I cant load the UEFN with a fresh install.

I tried using a VM on my macbook, at least that shows the loader for UEFN but then does not allow load on ARM64. This should also be addressed… ARM arch is the future for all computers.

Same happening here, can confirm factory resetting your pc will not solve the issue.

1 Like

I wanted to add that I also tried installing today for the first time and received the same error. Thought I should mention here to up the priority as well.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not start it, and trying to start it from the executable file shows that tbb.dll is not found. let’s wait a while longer for Epic support to take care of it.

2 Likes

Im getting the same issuie im also getting this issuies after factory restarting cause of that issuie failed to open descriptor file …fortnitegame/fortnitegame.uproject

5 Likes

I have same problem!!!

1 Like

Must be the new version of uefn trying to get it to work

1 Like

i also getting the same issue my UEFN says “failed to open descriptor file fortnitegame.uproject” even UEFC create new path like “Fortnite Studio”
Do somebody have solution for that?

2 Likes

I think that some of the files are in the wrong place since the new update, or else the system just doesn’t know where to find them (but I’m not entirely sure).

1 Like

still missing tbb.dll after multiple reinstalls and attempted fixes, anyone had any success getting UEFN to launch?

1 Like

Same problem here. I downloaded UEFN today for the first time and when i try to open it. It just says “launching” for a several seconds and after it returns to “start” again without saying anything.

2 Likes

Does anybody know what file the tbb.dll was in before the new update?

1 Like