4.7.4 Output window freezes

Exposing the output window (especially if dragged to a standalone window) reliably causes a crash

I was experiencing a related error where just clicking into the output window resulted in a crash. May happen on drag too, but i cannot confirm it. This is happening since 4.6 and i can avoid the crash, by only scrolling the output and not clicking (and using VS output if i need to click).

Hey ,

Thanks for your report regarding the output window freezing. I tried to reproduce this in-house and I was unable to. Could you please provide me with your dxdiag from your computer? If you aren’t sure how to obtain them, simply go to the start menu, type in ‘dxdiag’ in the search field and it should populate for you. Once the program populates, click to open it and then use the button ‘save all information’. It would also be great if you could upload a video of this occurring, as I can then follow your exact steps. I’d also like to know if any crash reporter window appears for you? If so, could you also include those ?

Looking forward to assisting you further, thank you!

Hello. here is the dxdiag
[link text][1]

37726-dxdiag.txt (69 KB)

Hey

Thank you for providing me with your dxdiag . Your computer is more than sufficient for the editor, so that shouldn’t be causing the issue you’re experiencing.

Are you receiving any type of crash or any crash reporter if the engine does crash? Also, were you able to upload a video of what you’re doing to cause the output window to freeze? I’m going to need a bit more information in order to try and reproduce this and report it to our developers.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I had a [similar problem with the Output Log][1].
Maybe it’s related ?

Try to unplug your Wacom tablet and if that solves the issue follow [this instructions][2] so you can use your tablet normally.

[4.5] The Output Log degrades performance - Debugging, Optimization, & Profiling - Epic Developer Community Forums
[2]: Redirecting

Output log freezes too when I package, I’ll try that, thanks!

Hey everyone,

If 's similar issue actually fixes yours, could you please reply back here to let us know.

Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hey

Unfortunately, I haven’t heard from you in quite some time. For tracking purposes, we must close your thread at this time. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding to this question, please comment back and we’ll assist you further.

Thank you!