Apply random texture to static mesh

Hi

I’m trying to change the floor texture of my game each time the player begins play at random from an array list of textures.

This is what I have ATM (used from another [post][1] of a similar topic) but it’s not having the desired effect, in fact there’s nothing random about it, there’s no difference in texture each time the game is launched.

Can anyone show me where I’m going wrong?

Thanks

Bob

The array has 6 ground like textures (eg mud, grass etc)

Hello,

try to put the static mesh referance in the ‘target’ input in ‘set Material’ node.

Thanks for the reply … Seems I can’t pin a reference to the Static Mesh Actor, I get an error saying ‘Static Mesh component reference is not compatible with static mesh actor reference’

Ok I have managed to randomise the Materials rather than the Textures which looks as though it could work although pinning the random int in range node to the index pin on the get array wouldn’t randomise hence the strange little work around.

However the scale of the materials is insane is there a simpiler way to scale them down either using Blueprint or editing the Materials themselves? I’ve read posts about adding/adjusting the TexCoord but the attepts I’ve tried only made the resolution of the materials look worse with fuzzy edges.