Character not collisions not working

My character will not collide with anything except the floor. I have tried all of the collision settings on my character mesh and the collision component, and I have also verified that all of my static meshes all have collisions and are all set to “block all”. Still nothing. I have also put a few blocking volumes and I still keep going right through those too.

Screen shots, screen shots, screen shots my friend. No one can help you from just words on something like this. Send screen shots of your character collision property details panel, screen shots of your actors you want it to collide with (with their collision properties) and then we can go from there.

The character is on a table top and is not colliding with the static mesh (stick of butter). It also does not collide with any of the ue4 starter content collision objects.alt text

236656-butter-viewport.png

I don’t really need to see the picture of your butter. I need to see your character collision haha if your character isn’t set up properly you can have issues. It takes 2 properly set up collision details panels to get it to work. So send me that so I can take a look.

Here are some more pics. I also made an alternate stick of butter by adding the static mesh to a pawn class, but still no dice. And also tried a complex collision shape, and a simple box as well. Thanks!

I would have your character set up as a pawn, both capsule and mesh first, then make sure the collision presets will block whatever object type your butter and table are. Are they static, world dynamic etc, they all need to match the set up of the player pawn collision. So they all need to block pawns. Second post comments not answers so people don’t get confused. We haven’t “answered” the question yet ha

You’re right about the comments, my bad lol. I’ll set it up as a pawn. Thanks!

Unfortunately he’s still not colliding. The character is setup as pawn for the capsule and mesh, and my static meshes are set up to block pawns.

Oh I figured it out. My environment was brought in, the FBX combined everything, so all of my static meshes and my character had an overlap issue that was destroying any collisions in there. So I have to split out my environment and assembly it so there won’t be an overlap.

Haha nice