Class selector and changing teams is completely messed up since the update (WORKS IN CREATIVE) (EVERYTHING FAULTY ON A PUBLISHED ISLAND)

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Summary

Issue changing teams with class selectors. When in creative everything works fine and i can change teams as and when i want to. I start as team 1 initionaly but after i change to a team using the class selector device and spawner/player counter then i don’t return to team 1. When i use a private publish then it works for a few of the player counters/spawners that change teams but that’s it. Most don’t work anymore but some still do. I would like to add that i copied the devices when i set the map up so they are all the same device all set up from 1 and just copied and pasted. i don’t understand how it is hit and miss with working and the major confusing thing is why does everything work in creative and stops working in a published island ? I believe they has been alot of issues with changing teams ect since the update and the change to the class selector = (throttle) please share if you have had issues with changing teams. Lastly i even went to basics and put a button and attached it to a class selector and that wouldnt change team either. I tried on change to to and change to team and class (without the class)

Steps to Reproduce

i think they is a major issue with the class selector device since the update so i would just say place a few and see if you can change teams. Must be attempted in a private island code as everything works in creative!!!

Expected Result

i would like to firstly if possible disable the setting that was updated on the class selector as everything worked before that was changed. If thats not possible i would like someone to assist in this as it makes no sense and i believe is a major issue with the device but also wasting time publishing ect which doesnt need to happen but due to the issue only showing in a published map its necessary

Observed Result

its hit and miss with changing teams. Even a button directly linked doesn’t change team and its like its always team 1

Platform(s)

xbox creative 1.0

Island Code

7269-4546-5879

Additional Notes

i cannot explain this issue in more detail but would invite the technical advisor to start my map and change between game modes and you will see what i am trying to explain. I think it is upmost necessary to play the map to get a full understanding on the issue. I also belive this is getting to be a big issue when i read on discords ect

I am having this same issue, yet to discover a fix. The creative test works fine but the published version does not

4 Likes

i dont understand how this is not a issue big enough to warrant input from epic tbh. Its destroyed my map and timing to publish and even destroyed the first impression people would have had on my map when i published it in the first place.

Mud Sticks

2 Likes

UPDATE

so i dont think the player counter is broken but they is something wrong with the class selector.

I have made 30 x them with zones to change team. This works for the first 16 teams but then after this for the remaining 14 teams it just says team 1.

Unless i have missed a setting or something this is the issue. Its defaulting to team 1 after team 16.

2 Likes

A bit of a worry, especially if it works in editor and not published…
16… like Classes, thats suspicious, you could be right, might be a crossed wire bug limiting teams according to class limits ???

Changing team only takes effect after the next respawn, are you respawning on team change for them all ?

1 Like

When the player respawns they then get counted by a player counter and change team. it could be as they spawn. It works for the first 16 teams but then stops. I have even put 30 class selectors on my map with teams 1-30 and ran through them and 16 teams it changes the last 14 it says team one. I have enough players, enough teams ect its some bug between the classes and the teams i think because the classes have 16.

i have seen previous posts about this issue but no one thought it appropriate to put a resolution or update ???

2 Likes

The status of UCB-1308 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Duplicate’

4 Likes

Yeah after I posted here, I seen all the posts you commented on about this.
Quite a significant amount and definately a problem that needs attention.
I’ll start adding some votes

3 Likes

i put this in the other thread so i’m adding it here too for completeness, Warforge is a top tier verse dev

2 Likes

thankyou for your support. Its a major issue as its noted in the discords aswell but i dont think alot of people know this forum exists. I only found it due to this problem

3 Likes

please can you acknowledge the other post so this issue is resolved so i may publish my map.

1 Like