16 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048mb

if i try launch engine, he loading…
but crashing after.
he not reporting. only fatal exit.

with respect.
Alexey Komarov.

Same here with nvidia kepler GPU
Pretty annoying… I did verify install and it goes OK. Launching editor crashes just after splash screen.

Tested on same machine under Windows, it works.
Please help! Why buy a Mac if you can’t use it in Mac OSX mode?

Hi Gotre,

What OS version are you using? Does crash happen at same point every time?

Hey Altares,

Same question I had for Gotre: what OSX version are you using for Mac side? Did it run fine on a Windows partition through bootcamp on same machine?

Hi ,

My OS version 10.9.2.

I find problem.
If my wacom connect to computer, engine crash every time. If i disconnect wacom, all work.

But fps in OS X very disappoint. 8(
In a windows on same computer fps better.
And some particle features not work in OS X.

Wacom connected to computer?

If yes, disconnect and try launch unreal again.
I do not know why, but me helped.

Yes, same machine Mac Pro with 680 GTX Mac Edition. I’m on 10.9.2 up to date. Windows partition is on same Mac via Bootcamp.

Always same. I start Unreal Launcher just fine then I try launch button for Editor 4.0.1, then splash screen, then a glimpse of editor’s wizard, then crash (without any message).
Always same.

Thanks but my Wacom is not connected at moment.

Hey Gotre,

Yea, Wacom being plugged in is a known issue. You can download a patch that should solve USB crash from http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/QFE-FromCL-2027741-Shelve-2030404… file contains an installer that will update engine. Please note that this is just a quick fix so you don’t have to wait for 4.0.2 release. As such, it’ll be removed if you use Verify Install option in Launcher.

There has been some great community support regarding FPS in OSX while we work to optimize engine for Mac. You can read some of it here and try some of their solutions:

Hope that helps!

Hey Altares,

Sounds like you might be having a separate issue altogether. Search around AnswerHub questions and see if you find a similar issue, but if not please feel free to open a new question so we can take a look at your setup. Thanks!

Wow, it’s so cool!
It’s alive!
Now i can work in my wacom! 8D

, thank you and all epic team very much! You are very cool!

And engine is equipped with resolution scale settings for viewport, in edit mode?
like these, for in-game:
screen+shot+2014-03-20+at+15.59.15.png

It would solve other of my problems)

Anyways, patch worked just fine. Hope it was not my USB sound card that caused problem…

Worked for me too. Sheers

Great! Glad to hear it’s working for you now.

Glad it helped!

settings in that image are found in Quick Settings dropdown from Toolbar. They refer to performance in Viewport while editing if Realtime is turned on. Lowering some of those settings may make editing easier for you if you’re running into performance issues.

Yeah, yeah.
I changed settings there.

problem, parameter “Resolution Scale” does not working in edit mode. But this parameter helps to better improve performance.
This can be used for a edit mode?

Oh, I see what you’re . No, Resolution Scale does not happen in edit mode, but does appear when you PIE (Play in Editor). That particular parameter will not affect your editing performance.

Ok.
Sadly.

But, in any case, again, thank you so much for your help! )