Crash when duplicating SceneCapture2D Cam

Hello!

Small thing, and mostly user error I suppose, but if you ALT+Drag or otherwise duplicate a SceneCapture2D camera placed in a level, while it has a texture target set up already, it will crash the editor.

Hey Zaggoth,

I just attempted to test this issue you are reporting and was not getting the same results. Would you mind providing me with some simple reproducible steps in a blank project so I can see this issue as well?

Just as a point of reference, and for moving forward in the future, when you would like to submit and AnswerHub post (especially ones related to crashes) we have a helpful How to Report a Bug guide.

With that in mind, let me know what if you find any new information have additional information you may have left out in your initial post.

Cheers,

I can’t seem to reproduce it in a blank project as well. It must be something else related to a (rather complex) setup we’re using on a much larger project.

Yeah, these actors can get very heavy on performance as your are essentially rendering you scene again, but at a much smaller scale (Render Texture).

There are a bunch of ‘ShowFlags’ within the Scene Capture 2D component itself that you can enable/disable to reduce the cost of these actors. This will allow you to exclude anything within that specific camera to be rendered. I would take a look at these ‘ShowFlags’ found within the details panel when the actor is selected in your viewport.

I would also take a look at the, ‘Auto-Activation’ and the ‘Capture-Every Frame’ Both of these will have a large effect on the performance when you have multiple Scene Capture 2D’s. You can enable these options via Blueprints when you want to switch these cameras as your active view.

Thank you,