Crititcal Error only occurs after packaging

Hey all,

I’ve been working on an scene that is running perfectly as it should in PIE.
But after packaging for windows (64bit), i get an error and it terminates the program. When I press the debug button windows offers i do get a bulk of messages all pointing towards one common shared error:

“Access violation reading location
0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.”

All the messages contain this error. And contain a line that points toward a (changing) Exception:

“Unhandled exception at
0x00007FF6F9C9A483 in projectname.exe:
0xC0000005”

This error message changes while the one i quoted first remains the same with all error.

I have been repackaging the scene, skimming it down to its bare minimum with every package… even with all BP’s deleted and the gamemode set to the default one, it keeps occurring :S

Could somebody point me in the direction to look for and maybe fix this issue? I am quite unsure about why and how this is happening…

Cheers,

N

UPDATE:

I have removed the substance plugin before packaging. After packaging successfully running the .exe will not launch but give an error message instead:

107599-packagingerrorwithoutsubstance.png

Update 2:

I finaly got an Crash Reporter telling me this:

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding this issue:

• Could you please provide the logs from your project’s Saved->Logs folder after packaging the game again?
  • Are you able to successfully package and run a clean project without issue?
  • Are you packaging for shipping or development?

One thing you can also try is to migrate your content into a clean project to see if the same error occurs.

Hello,

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread. For any new issues, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I was able to trace all the issues back to a redirectors issue we had a week before packaging.
The connection to a lot of child-assets went broken and lost because two colleagues where working with the same parent is different revisions. After merging the assets from the not up to date revision they where not able to find a redirector to their parent class since it had been moved and its redirectors removed. Just miscommunication within the team… :frowning:

cheers,
n