Elemental Projectile Inflicting Damage on Elemental Enemies

Hi there i am currently doing an assignment for uni and i am basing it off a project i though up a while back, i just want to be able to create a simple set of elemental projectiles that inflict damage on elemental enemies. I almost want it to work like a rock, paper, scissors effect so that water does more damage to fire and fire does more damage to earth, etc. I have managed to get the base destruction of a fire elemental with a water projectile but obivously i want to test others and get the others to work. If anyone could help or suggest a video that can give me an insight into how it works that would be great.

Many Thanks

Sounds like you want to create a ‘Resistance Level’ variable for each of your element types. Then, when a character uses a particular spell/ability such as a fire spell, take the ‘temp damage’ minus the targets ‘elemental resistance’. You could also create a ‘Elemental Skill’ variable for each element and add more damage the higher the players skill. likewise the higher the targets ‘elemental resistance’ the less damage they take.