Entry Point Not Found - dbgeng

Ever since Meta updated their app to v63 I get this error, it previously only happened on the PTC but now that v63 is official there is no way to roll back

The error shows up if I launch the editor (4.27), a standalone game or my packaged project, it happens with other UE games as well

The issue is related to ThirdParty\DbgHelp, removing that folder from my packaged project or the engine gets rid of the error

There are others with the same problem

Meta is not being helpful, Is this a known issue?

1 Like

More people with the same issue here for a VR game made in UE4, these posts all popped up about a month ago when Meta released v63, there’s more posts on the meta forums with no answers

I’m inquiring about this, thanks for the report

Try this.

This doesn’t help, and my dbgeng file is a newer version than yours

There’s two ways to get rid of the issue temporarily, uninstalling the Oculus app works, or copying the Oculus dbgeng.dll file to Epic Games\UE_4.27\Engine\Binaries\Win64 gets rid of the issue for the editor, but my packaged project still throws an error unless dbghelp.dll is removed from the ThirdParty folder

567h45

So copying the dbgeng file from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.27\Engine\Binaries\Win64 gets rid of the error for the editor

And copying the Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\DbgHelp folder from Unreal 5.3 to Unreal4.27 gets rid of the error for my packaged projects

I’m getting ready to release my demo on Steam so hopefully this won’t cause any issues

2 Likes

Thanks @KhenaB !