EQS Query Params in Blueprint

Is it possible to access and set a query param on EQS from within a Blueprint? From what I can tell, they can only be set from the “Run EQS Query” node in the behavior tree. However I need to run the EQS Query from within a Blueprint. I’ve set up the Search Radius of the ActorsOfClass as a Query Param, so it could be set dynamically, but I can’t see how.

1 Like

Hello, yes, you can do that. For example, you want to set params for Simple Grid generator:
Select Data Bingind and type names for yur params (or you can use defaults)

Then, when you run EQS from blueprint, you can setup these params:

In the example above Param 1 Name is “SimpleGrid.GridSize” and Param 1 Value - my custom value, all other things the same.

2 Likes

Hi. I have a question of eqs. I want the set the eqs query param In the blueprint. I thought it is using query config to modified the query param in the eqs, and I can modified the BBkey to control the query param. But the param name of the query config is disable. How can I control the query param In the behaviorTree?

in case anyone is wondering, the parameter names are set automatically.
if not, just refresh the query.

1 Like

Delte EQS node in behavior tree and add it again to update the ParamNames!!!

2 Likes

while this might be the anwser…it doesn’t really help with understanding how it works.
running EQS from blueprints is possible, and you can see the results clearly with the debugger. however, as far as ive seen, theres no actual way to get the winning result through blueprint.
“get results as” also always return empty and false…again, even with the results being displayed in debugger, with scores and locations…making the use of EQS as shown here completely useless.

2 Likes