Float/Integer with a default value in Custom Event crashes 4.6

Creating a custom event, adding an input (integer or float) and 1 as default crashes the Editor.

Repro:

Create a blank project, open the level Blueprint, Add a Custom Event, click on New in the Inputs tab, click on the boolean thing and select Integer or Float. Click on the arrow beneath it and assign any default value to it. Then, watch the CrashReporter open.

UE4.6 binary on Windows 8.1 64-bit

Tried to reproduce this with a string/vector but not getting crashes using those.

Tried this in 4.5.1. Didn’t crash.

Hi ,

I was unable to reproduce this on my end, here are the steps that I have taken:

1. Open Editor (any project)
  2. Open level blueprint
  3. Create custom event
  4. Add new input - float (custom event)
  5. Compile
  6. Give input a default value of 1
  7. Compile
  8. Create new variable (for additional testing)
  9. Create a float+float node
  10. Add the input of the custom event to a value (I chose 1) and plug the output of the add node to a set (created variable)
  11. Compile again

Are there any other steps that I can take to reproduce this on my end?

Welp, just tried it on my self-compiled Promoted branch (4.7) and there it doesn’t crash, with either integer/float.

Video of the crash that I just recorded on 4.6 as you can see: - YouTube

I also tried Compiling inbetween every step, still crashed after entering the value as seen in the video :confused:

Hi ,

It turns out one of our team member’s was able to reproduce this in 4.6, but can confirm that it is fixed in 4.7 as you said. Keep a lookout for future release notes for implementation of this fix.

Same problem here. Entering a default float value in a custom function crashes the editor.