Game crashes on ios when video is looping.

I have a tutorial video in my ios game, that I want to loop. The video plays fine, but when the looping starts, the game crashes. When I uncheck the loop function in the video, it works fine, meaning it plays once without a problem, then stops.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Hello ,

Could you provide the log file from a session where this crash occurred? It should include an error message that can point us toward the cause of the issue.

Hello Matthew,

Actually it crashes only when launched on the ios device, so I cannot really give a log file.

You can still provide a log file. Please follow the instructions on this page to retrieve the logs from the iOS device. It would also be useful to have the logs from the packaging process when you packaged to iOS, in case there are any warnings that could provide some information.

EditorLaunchLog
PackagerIPALog

The PackeagerIPALog was created with the iPhonePackager, but I could only access the .ipa on my PC, not on my iPhone. Is that ok? Or is there a way to access the IPA on my iPhone, so a log can be created about the actual crash, not just the plain .IPA that was uploaded from my PC?

If you do the process after running the game on the iOS device and still have it connected to the computer, the iPhonePackager program will pull the logs from the device as long as you’re selecting the IPA that was placed on the device. Ensure that you are packaging the project and then installing the IPA through iTunes instead of simply launching to the device, as two different IPAs are used for these two processes.

We haven’t heard from you in a while, . Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you provide the logs requested? In the meantime, I’ll be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes.

Yes, I’m still experiencing the issue, I’m just having problems with cooking and packaging my project on my pc, so I can upload it to my phone through itunes.
Actually UE4 tells me that I don’t have a valid provision and signing key, and that’s interesting because I created an ad-hoc profile freshly in my apple developer site. I just can’t figure out what is the problem.

I apologize for the delay on this; Have you been able to figure out the issue related to your provisions?

No, I couldn’t find a solution yet…

Since this has switched to another problem and is now related to your provisions, could you provide logs that include the error messages that you’re getting related to that problem so that I can attempt to look into this?

Here’s a pic of what’s going on. On the left you can see that I have setup my proviosion that is valid. On the right is the error message that I get when I try to package for IOS.

This could be an issue with the naming of the one that you have set as your active provision. Could you remove the new and old provision and then reimport with the normal name (without the (1)) and see if that helps with this? The naming of certs/provisions have been the cause of problems like this in certain situations in the past.

If you are unaware of how to delete a cert/provision, you can find out how to do that here.

I removed all provisions, then reimported the right one, but I still get the same error message.

Can you make sure you have the bundle ID set as the same as the one you created on the Apple Dev site (e.g. com.[CompanyName].[ProjectName])? It doesn’t seem like it is set correctly from looking at your earlier picture.

I’ve set it up as it is in the Apple Dev site, where I’ve set it up without the naming convention com.companyname.projectname, I’ve just given a simple name for it. Just for checking, if that was the problem, I’ve created a new bundleID with the right naming convention, downloaded the new updated provisioning profile, updated the ue4 project AND I still get the same error message.

I apologize for not noticing his before but all of your provisions are Distro provisions, meaning they’re meant for building for Distribution. Is that what you’ve been attempting to build for?Distro provisions can’t be used to build for Development if that is what you have been attempting.

I’ve read somewhere in the documentation, that I need a Distro provision, if I want to put an IPA on the iPhone through iTunes.
That’s the only reason why it is Distro at the moment.

If you would like to build for Distribution, that would be the case. Only having a Distro provision will not allow to you build for development however, which it seems that this is what you’re trying to do. You should be able to successfully build for Shipping with the “For Distribution” option enabled. Have you tried that?

Yes, the “For Distribution” option is enabled, and I get the error message with that.

By the way, maybe I misunderstood something in the docs(you know, I learn UE4 by working on real projects, and sometimes I just take a quick look at how certain things work, and don’t dig deeper in the topic than it is necessary at that moment). So, you’re saying that I can create an IPA with a Development provision, and still put it on my phone through itunes?