How do I set up a duplicate function that is not replaced by a call to the original function?

If i create a function in a blueprint, then duplicate it and call both functions, after compiling the duplicated function is replaced with a call to the original function.

Hi Lambda42,

Can you provide a screen shot of your Blueprint that is causing the issue? Can you also provide a more defined steps to create the issue?

Thanks!

Tim

1. Create a Blueprint
  2. Create a function for that blueprint
  3. add event begin play node
  4. add node to call that function
  5. right click on function name in table, click duplicate
  6. add node after call to original function, to call duplicated function.
  7. compile
  8. Note the call to duplicated function is not correct. wat? :slight_smile:

Hi Lambda42,

I was able to create a simple BP that would spawn a light with a specific color. When I duplicated this function it would, as you said, rename the function to that of the original file and contain its original values. From what I saw this was only happening in the Graph window and not with the duplicated name of the function in the Blueprint panel to the left. If I placed another in the graph everything would be fine until I hit compile.

I am submitting a bug report for this, but unfortunately I cannot give a time frame for which it’ll be fixed.

While testing this out I was able to copy the nodes from the function and place them in a completely new function with no issue. While this may not be ideal it may help you progress for the time being.

I hope this helps!

Tim

Hi Lambda42,

I wanted to give you an update that this issue has been resolved on our internal build. This will not be something that is fixed in upcoming 4.2 release but will be in the 4.3.

Thank you!

Tim

I think I wanted to report the same bug, but I’m using 4.2

I created a function (to add ammo)
then duplicated the function (edited it, with + changed to - to subtract ammo)
and when using the duplicated (renamed) function in the graph, after compiling, it changed it to AddAmmo instead of SubtractAmmo

Hi BlueE,

The comment I posted directly above states that it’ll be available in 4.3. This should be in the preview build that is available via the launcher right now. The final release of 4.3 will be available very soon. Thank you!

Tim