How to change chaperone to circular

Hi, I need to change the chaperone to a circular shape, like a cylinder around the person instead of the box shape. Can anyone advise me if this is possible and if so how to do it? Thanks

I know the meaning of chaperone in English but unsure about what could it be in the UE4 context. Somehow I think you want to do something with capsule collision. How close am I? Could you clarify?

You are the first person to ever reply to one of my questions - thank you! But it is not the collision, it is to do with playing a game in virtual reality. The chaperone is the mesh that appears if you are going out of the safety area when using the Vive headset with Steam. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you

Hold on, are we talking development or you’re looking for help on how to configure a game you purchased on Steam?

edit: judging by your question history, you’re developing something.
Never done anything with Vive or VR - not going to pretend I can help you. Sorry! Hopefully that extra bit of info I extracted from you will help someone else help you.

Good luck

edit2:

You are the first person to ever reply
to one of my questions

Most likely because it’s an uncharted territory for a lot of people.

But to be honest, if it’s just a mesh, you should be able to easily replace it with another mesh, shaped as desired. Or is this more complicated? I assume it’s supposed to prevent one from banging their face against the wall and walking into furniture. So it’s a hollowed out box?

Any 3d modelling software can create a tube.

It is a project that I have been working on for a long time that is going to be exhibited in an art gallery. Everything in the VR is circular and there is going to be a piece of (expensive) circular vinyl on the floor to define the area so I would really like the chaperone (safety area) to be circular, but I cannot see how to do it.

Thanks for responding Everynone.

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks, yes I can create a tube, but I don’t know how to replace it as the chaperone.

It looks like your chaperone is flat piece of floor, scaled up into a cuboid. Some corner cutting has been done during the design part for this template… :smiley:

Replacing this should make it work. Can’t test it on my end, though.
Not sure how collision is handled here. Perhaps it does not need to be hollow at all and relies on you leaving the area rather than staying in. In which case you’ll need a cylinder, rather than a tube.

Oh this looks hopeful! Thanks. How do I get to the screenshot you have shown? I’ve tried to find it, but can’t.

I opened the VR template that came with the engine.

The cylinder in that image is called fat_cylider (or thereabouts), you can probably duplicate it and use that.

Great I have found that, but not there yet. I have been staring at this screen for over 14 hours now so need to take a break. I’ll go carefully through it in the morning (I am in New Zealand). Thank you for your help and I will get back to you tomorrow.