how to produce the Tex input for the Texture Sample node?

I want to know how to produce the Tex input for the Texture Sample node since Im not using TextureObject in my material setup but all I have is Vector4… Any ideas? Ahead I will need to feed a custom node where it uses the exactly same input as Texture Sample (that said:Tex).

Is there any reason why you dont want to use TextureObjects?

My vector4 information is coming from a Noise node whose position changes throw time (so I can’t even use RenderTargets since the information is not static) and feed it to a custom node which requires that same Tex input.

can you show me the setup, would be easier for me to visualize.
In case its beyond my knowledge, I will forward it to someone who might know.

The image with noise as the last node will be converted into vector4 (Im just adding a opacity to it) and it needs to replace the TextureObject in the second image which feeds the function RaymarchHeightmap and if you open it you will find a custom node inside which has a Tex input node receiving it. RaymarchHeightmap is only available in UE 4.14 btw

Yes, I know what raymarching is, been following it for a while.
In this case you will need to duplicate the raymarch height-map material function, then edit the nodes inside the copy so that instead of a T2D it will ask for a vector3 or 4.

Keep in mind that the noise module is VERY! heavy on instructions (depending on its settings), adding the raymarched setup to it… and you might potentially create something that wont run properly in video games.

My thoughts were exactly going for your solution, thou when I have analyzed the RayMarchHeightmap function I have seen it was designed to provide UVs for the Texture inside, so I was not comfortable in changing that specific part too. I might have other applications for the ability to generate a node data where I want to convert to a Tex input for the TextureSample node… I might in the end study the engine C++ code in order to figure how that input is structured. Thx for the help.

There you go, havent tested it but should work. (if my skills are as decent as I hope)

Edit: nm, wont work. also, no time to edit it today.
Would need to delve into it, which I dont have time for atm.
might need Ryan himself to see if he can modify it for now.

It wont work. The Tex input waits for a i/o stream pointing to an internal asset (in this case a texture), so inside the custom node it calls a method for that stream. Way to complex to handle it. I am changing the approach for now and try to use a render target instead, thou it will require a lot of changes in my concept. I really appreciate your attention into it, thx