Importing Custom Parameters in Flightlog

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to pass camera rotational values (pitch, yaw, heading, roll) for each given image location (WGS84 lat/long/alt).

Can someone please advise on this formatting? I cannot find an documentation on how to pass these values into RealityCapture via CLI.

Edit: the above refers to attaching metadata to images via a flightlog.

Hi @OET_JLF,
the simplest way is import the flight log as a file with the mentioned values. Also, yaw and heading are the same.

The file can look like:

Image_name  Lat      Long      Alt     Heading Pitch   Roll
IMG_001.JPG 47.13334 12.152873 128.123 25.1583 45.0087 0.1235

Then you can just use -importFlightLog CLI command.

Also, you will need to follow this: RealityCapture Help

Thanks for this.

When modifying flightlog.xml for a custom set headers, what do I set the “format id” and “descID” to?

Hi @OET_Production,
Format id=“{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}” should be a unique identifier of your template. For your personal purposes, it is completely sufficient to change few zeros to a number, e.g. {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001}. However, if you want to share your template, then this value should be unique and you should use an online GUID generator. Please also note that the body string is also substituted and it just includes your template file.
Also, the descID should be unique and not used in any other XML file. Basically you can add +1000 to the number you see now.

Great, thanks!

So, I got this working now, but I have a few questions:

A) On the “prior pose” section of a selected input, it shows “Pitch / Elevation”. Pitch and elevation are very different things. I am trying to define to RC that the camera is pointed 50 degrees down, so I input a value of -50. Is this correct?

B) What are the units of Yaw? Is it a degree of 360, with 0 being north?

C) What are the units of Roll?

J

Screenshot 2024-04-19 093848

Hi,

• A: I suppose you mean the elevation as a height, but it is taken from the angles: iphone - Compute Altitude and Azimuth from CMAttitude using either Roll, pitch and Yaw or Quaternion or Rotation Matrix - Stack Overflow
    What do you mean by 50 degrees down? Are you measuring from the horizon?
    In RealityCapture with the pitch it is like:
    Pitch = 0 degrees, camera is looking down
    Pitch = 90 degrees. camera is looking to the horizon
    Pitch = 45 degrees, camera is oblique
    So I suppose in your case it will be 40 (if you are measuring the angle from the horizon).

• B: degrees, I suppose ± 180 degrees (but if you’ll use 0-360, it should be recalculated), 0 is for north

• C: degrees

I appreciate this answer, Ondrej.

What is the formatting for defining focallength in the flightlog. ‘40’ or ‘40mm’?

Without units.
But for now there is a bug for importing that parameter using the flightlog.

Ah.

How would you advise I proceed in the case of this bug?

I have three cameras that are taking simultaneous pictures every three seconds. Each camera has a different pitch and heading, and focal length. Each camera has the same origin point. The photos (because of the type of camera used) do not have embedded exif data for me to read - hence why I need to use the FlightLog.

I am trying to figure out how to most efficiently group these cameras for processing.

You will need to set it manually for now.
Are you sure with the same origin point? I suppose the principal points for the cameras won’t be the same. At least there needs to be some difference.

I believe that the functionality to use FlightLog to indicate camera offsets from the origin is also bugged. I submitted this bug on the old ticket system.

To be honest, I do not know how to set FocalLength manually for a batch of images. I don’t see the ability to do this. What do you suggest?

I am also open to setting camera offsets, but I do not know how this could be accomplished with the flightlog offset functionality broken.

J

Yes, the bug is there for all these parameters:

You need to select all the images and set the focal length in 1Ds/Selected inputs/Prior calibration:
Also, then you can set the specific number of the Calibration group for those images.

(post deleted by author)