Is it possible for a translucent material to receive shadows?

According to the documentation it should be possible to at least have a self-shadowing translucent material. I have tried experimenting with all translucency and lighting options, but still can’t get it to receive shadows. It can cast translucent shadows on other geometry and the receiving works with masked material, but not translucent.

Are you working on mac or win? On mac I don’t get any surface shading at all if the material is translucent (UE4.1)

Windows. I just tried it again in a new blank map with one light and it seems to work now. Before this I tested it in the default base map.

Is this with a Stationary light? If so, opaque meshes casting on translucency from a Stationary light will be supported in 4.3. For Movable lights it should already work.

Thank you. It is a movable light, but it works now.

? huh? you solved your problem with that answer?

Any idea why it dosent work for movable lights?

Just bumping this because I also can’t figure out getting my translucent material, which is set to full opacity, to receive shadows. I’ve seen this several times where people just say “oh, got it working” or “it should work” without any kind of explanation or details to go along with it, which is infuriating to say the least. I’d be happy to just have shadows baked on, but I can’t get it to work. It’s a custom static mesh, do I need to do something special in order for it to receive shadows?