Issue with toggle light blueprint in different levels

Hello, I am currently working on an ArchViz project in Unreal Engine 5.3 where I have successfully made simple blueprints where you can toggle lights using a switch.

My problem appeared when I tried to make the same type of blueprint in a different level, and I can not fathom where the problem lies. The blueprint works perfectly in one level, but not in the other, where the light will only turn off, and then I cannot turn it back on. I have tried to make the blueprint again from scratch in that level, but to no avail. I have also tried dragging out the existing blueprint that works in the one level into the problematic one, but the same problem remains.

I have compared the settings in the two level blueprints, but they look identical to me, and the event graph is blank in both levels.

The level that is problematic is made from a first person template (without starter conent) I believe, and the working level I made was a completely blank level. Could there be some underlying script that is default in a template that can affect something like this? I can’t get it to make sense.

I am not very experienced in Unreal or scripting, so please explain so that a beginner might understand :slight_smile:

Appreciate all help!

It looks like the variable ‘light index’ isn’t set correctly? ( in the level )

I found the solution, it was simply because I hadn’t set a new light color, so it was changing to black, so it looked like it didn’t turn on…
But thank you!

1 Like