Lap top for unreal engine 5.3 and more latest versions

Hello! Now I need to choose the lap top for unreal engine 5.3 and more latest versions. I need to be able to make a FPS (First person shooter) game like Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Black Ops original series with better graphics. The lap top’s characteristics are: :computer:MSI Katana 15 B12VGK (i7-12650H/RTX4070) GF66​:computer:

:desktop_computer:screen: 15,6-inch screen with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080), 144 Hz, IPS level

:gear:Processor: Intel Core i7-12650H Turbo clock speed 4,7 GHz, 24 MB cache memory, 10 cores, 16 threads

:floppy_disk:Memory: RAM DDR5 16GB 4800 МHz (I will try to make it 32GB) ,
1024 GB PCIe NVMe 4.0 M.2 SSD

:joystick:Graphics card: Lap top GPU NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4070, 8 GB GDDR6. So, can that lap top run unreal engine 5.3 and more latest versions smoothly and be able to create CoD like games? If not, What lap top and with what characteristics I need to buy? My budget is $1300 maximum

1 Like

Have a look here for the recommended specs: Hardware and Software Specifications for Unreal Engine

From what I can see, your system is relatively good here. If possible increase ram to 32 GB, as it seems to be the bottleneck. I am a little sceptical about the processor, but it’s far better than what I have, so I think you should be fine.

1 Like

What are the minimum and recommended hardware specifications for a laptop capable of running Unreal Engine 5.3 and newer versions effectively?

1 Like

minimum were 8gb of RAM, Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.5 GHz or faster processor and graphics card with DirectX 11 or 12 compatible graphics card with the latest drivers. The hardware that is used at Epic are 128 gb of RAM, Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3975WX and Nvidia RTX 3080 - 10GB. I cannot afford those characteristics due to budget. So, it concerns me about specs. I don’t need to create hyper-realistic game with lots of details. I just need a game like original CoD modern warfare and black ops series with better graphics. I need to know can that lap top above can handle unreal engine to make my game