Lerp leaning problems

Looks like it’s because you’re changing the end point by using the relative location. Lerp works with two fixed points. I assume CamLoc and CrouchLoc are already set to the default relative positions. Just pick a fixed offset and add it to those to get the end point of the lerp.

Hello,

I’m trying to implement a Leaning feature to be able to have a quick pick at wall angles.

It works but the movement is not smooth, it starts very slow and finishes fast.
I’ve tried different timeline combinations but I can’t get a constant move.

Maybe I misunderstand timelines and lerp but I’ve always done it like this and it worked. I thought Lerp A was alpha0 and B was 1

What is causing this?

Thank you.

Wow ok, I should’ve noticed that when I had to set the movement to 2units…

Yes I’ve set the locs at Event Begin Play so I just used thoses and it works fine!

Thanks

Another thing I’d like to do is use the camera roll rotation but I didn’t find how to activate it.This is a FPS so I’m not using a spring arm. Tried world, relative, none worked

You tried using SetRelativeRotation? Maybe you’re not giving it good input.

I’ve used the same process, set the relative rotation at event begin play, and use a timeline/lerp/set relative rotation but I think there’s something locking roll axis because even if I set manually the camera on the side, it don’t show when I play, it stays straight.

Is “Use Pawn Control Rotation” enabled? That will lock it.

… 2 years I’m using UE4 and I don’t know this node was doing this…

Thanks, I’ve used the camera manager to clamp the yaw rotation depending on the character rotation and it works pretty well.

EDIT: It’s okay, I’ve got what I need, thanks!

I want to play