Localization for Android doesn't package with correct language IDs

If you try to package Chinese localization using the language IDs that the Localization Dashboard generates the game can’t find them on Android. A work around is to rename the generated folders to the official Android language IDs.

Example:
the Localization Dashboard generates zh-Hant for Chinese Traditional. If you try to package for Android and set the phones language to Chinese Traditional the game will just default to English because it can’t find the right language. But if you rename the zh-Hant folder to zh_TW (the official Android language ID for Chinese Traditional) it can find it and works.

Which version of the engine are you in, please include the changelist as well. Are you using Source (GitHub) or Binary (Epic Games Launcher)? I packaged a project in UFE using zh-Hant and did not run into any errors, I also launched that same project without packaging it and did not have an error.

Could you please provide me the exact steps that you’re following?

Thanks!

Hey

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you!