Make camera fixed, to freelook, back to fixed.

So I need some help: I have done multiple tutorials to make my camera freelook. They work but now I want my car game to start out as a fixed camera, then if I move my mouse it will turn to go to freelook, then if I press space it will go back to fixed. All I have been able to do is make the game start out as freelook and if I press space the camera will auto reset but stay in freelook. This is what is looks like:

So basically I want my camera to start out following the car without the user able to look around, then if you if the user moves the mouse to look around they can, and then if they press space the camera will go back to where it started, at a fixed angle on the car, and so on. My problem is that when I start the game, when I move the car, the camera already starts moving, so therefore it is not a fixed and. For instance, if I move the car right, the camera wont look the same way the car is looking, it will keep looking straight. And then if i press space, the camera looks the same way the car is looking. But it still wont look towards the car at all times, just like when you start the game, and i don’t want that to happen.

Hmm… Maybe you can setup your camera as separate Pawn and attach it and detach it by Space button.Or ,you know, just change GameMode to so that Camera Pawn will be controlled by player… Though I’m not sure that I understand your problem properly.

Yep. You can set camera restriction in CameraManager. It will determine what view angles are allowed for Camera. Create new BP class CameraManager then select this CameraManager BP in CarPawn Controller Details. This CameraManager will now affect CarPawn Camera. You can change CameraManager settings at runtime. So after button was pressed set Camera direction aligned with Car and clamp possible view angle in CameraManager. Button was pressed again - remove clamp. Does that sound good?

I really don’t understand. If possible can you please add pictures? Im sorry but I am very new to Unreal Engine and i dont know what exactly you are talking about.