More verbose debugging with Ue4 startup? (Unable to load module "ProjectName.dll")

Hey everyone.

So after attempting to move a 4.10 project to 4.11, I was greeted with the lovely
"ModuleManager: Unable to load module ‘ProjectName.dll’ because the file couldn’t be loaded by the OS.

I’ve looked around the internet & AnswerHub for similar situations, and have not had much luck.

So the editor is failing to load the Project.dll or something is erroneous inside said .dll.
Is there a way to debug the initialization procedures and/or what exactly the editor is requesting to do more verbosely?

I believe i can safely say I’ve narrowed it down to something in the “source” folder.

• Made a new project by the same name, copied the “Content” folder from the corrupt project over to the blank project. Editor loaded without errors.
  • Copied over the configs from the corrupt project. Editor loaded without errors.
  • Copied over source files (Excluding Build.cs + Target.cs files) , Editor does not load and stops at 71% every time.

There are No errors or warnings from intellisense, Visual Assist, or UBT at all during VS build phase.
But something is broken somewhere. I just need to know where to look.

Here is the build log if that helps.
The only errors I see are regarding some .png images Slate tries to load.
[ProjectLog]

Thanks!

It’s probably because you still building you module for 4.10 and you trying to load it with 4.11 which OS fails to link them together due to there incompatibility (it really undebugable as this happens in OS kernel). Right click uproject and select change version and pick enginve version you want to use, then regenerate VS project files and rebuild the project. Other possible reason is that you build module on incompatible configuration, if you use launcher it should be “Win64” “Devlopment Editor”.

Problem is definitively in module dll, for some reason it is incompatible with your engine build, make sure you really compile for 4.11 and you trying to load it with 4.11

Also did you maybe toy with main module class? ProjectName.cpp .h?

Thanks for the reply .

I’m performing a rebuild of everything now… (I think I might have only rebuilt the engine files last time, silly mistake).

As far as ProjectName.h/.cpp The only thing that has been added is an include for “UnrealNetwork.h”.

I’ll report back when the rebuild has finished.

Full rebuild resulted in the same error dialogue. :confused:
Double & triple checked top make sure everything was set as suggested above.
Only difference after the rebuild is that the editor loads to 75% before showing the error.