"Not equal to" node bug report (with cause of the bug)

I wasnt sure where I’m supposed to post bugs but I figured this was a decent place to do it. Sorry if this is wrong though.

The bug happens in the version 4.7.0 of the engine. When you create a “Not equal to” (!=) node in blueprints, the new “Error tolerance” field of your old “Not equal to” nodes are not properly set to 0.000100. They are simply set to 0 which causes problems. If your create a new “Not equal to” node however it properly sets the default value to 0.000100.

This “Error tolerance” field did not exist for the “Not equal to” nodes in the previous version of the engine where I originally created these nodes for my game. I originally made my game in patch 4.5.

Ah okay, however I have to mention that the fact that it was set to 0 made my game work improperly but it worked again once I changed the value to 0.000100.

Hi timetravel,

This is intended functionality. The tolerance value was added to the Equal nodes in 4.6 and in order to keep projects working properly, any existing nodes will have a 0.0 value instead of the default 0.000100. Here is the mention of it in the 4.6. Release Notes.

“Existing “Equal” nodes for vector/rotator types will be assigned an error tolerance value of “0.0” on load in order to preserve previous behavior that may have been dependent on exact equality.”

Cheers,

TJ

Yeah, the thought was if we left it as zero it would help more than it would hurt, but sometimes it will break stuff. I’m glad you figured it out and got it working again.