Optimized/Optimal Settings for Lighting Rooms

Hey guys

So I’m busy with a project for College and trying to figure out the best lighting settings. Unfortunately, it seems to be an immensely broad topic with lots of diverging opinions on what the best lighting settings should be, so I came here.

Currently, the numerous point lights (about 30) are chugging my performance quite heavily in my dungeon scene. I was wondering if anybody could point me into the right direction as to which lighting settings are the most optimal/performance friendly so I could gain a few frames as I don’t want it to be a laggy experience for the player.

Could anyone possibly assist me with this? Which settings on the light itself should I look at and which should the project settings be set at specifically for lighting?

EDIT: I also seem to be getting a ‘GPU Memory is exhausted’ error when I run the game. What would be the best fix for this? Just strange as the 3080 has 10gb memory. Thanks!

RIG Specs:

GPU: Geforce RTX 3080
RAM: 32 Gig 6000Mhz
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor
SSD: GIGABYTE GP-AG70S1TB

I’ve also attached a video so you guys can see the performance drop once I enter the dungeon:

Any and all help in this regard will be appreciated immensely.

Kind regards