Problem getting IK working on player character

I’ve been trying to get IK working correctly on my player character, however the IK method provided in the content example is not sufficient for a character constrained by a capsule collision mesh, due to the legs of the character being unable to move beyond the bottom of the capsule without permanently putting the character into a crouched position.

I have tried dynamically moving the mesh relative to the capsule in order to try and account for this, but my efforts have simply lead to either the legs floating in the air, or the IK always remaining in a neutral position. It doesn’t behave as expected, and any attempt to counter the movement of the mesh results in failure.

There seems to be no intuitive way of getting IK working in this scenario, and I would really appreciate some help.

Here are some of the relevant parts of my blueprints:

My latest hacky attempt to get it working.

Here’s the IK animation.

I subscribe to this question. I’ve been trying different methods I found googling, and following the documentation along the Content Example. Not even close to working.

Also I understood that if the character is moving the leg IK is not very helpful, and should be check when character is idle or so.

Looking forward to solution this in v2.23+