'Project' filter missing from Automation in 4.14

I generated a blank project with starter content and checked the Automation tab from Session Frontend, and it was missing the filter for content stress testing with the ‘Project’ filter.

It is present in 4.13, but now is missing from 4.14.

I pulled the engine source from the Git repo and compiled it from there.

115056-4_13.png

115057-4_14.png

Hi Kevin,

I saw that you had posted this same question on the UDN as well. We will close this post and focus our attention on your UDN post.

Hello, I have the same issue with the launcher version.

For those of us that don’t have UDN, can you post updates here as well?

Kind Regards

Hi ,

What happened here is due to some changes that we are currently in the process of making to the automated testing system in the Editor. Due to the changes that are being made, a large number of the existing tests were incompatible with the new system. The incompatible tests were removed from the Editor, and are gradually being replaced with new tests.

I tried copying one of the tests in 4.13 over to 4.14 (the Current Level test), and after making some minor code fixes the test seemed to run fine in 4.14. If there is a test in 4.13 that you need for your project in 4.14, you may be able to copy it over (assuming you are using an Engine that you built from source code). Unfortunately, if you are using the binary Engine installed through the Launcher, this won’t work since the Engine would need to be recompiled to use the test. You may be able to copy the test into your project though, and use it that way.

We will be working on the automated testing system over the next few Engine versions, and all of the tests that have been removed should have been replaced by the time we are done.