Request: Fix to Grid instead of Snap to Grid

I’m calling this “Fix to grid” because I can’t think of a better name.

Lets say you create a static mesh cube in your viewport. If you turn off snap and then transform this cube (scale, location, rotation)… the cube will end up with some very nasty decimal values.

In order to fix it, you have to manually type numbers into the text boxes from the “transform” section of the Details panel. This can be tedious considering there are 9 of them.

Sometimes, I just delete the mesh and recreate it, which is easier than typing values in the boxes.

This is where “Fix to Grid” comes in. Instead of snapping to increments based on the mesh’s local transform, the mesh would snap based on the world grid instead. So if your X location of the mesh is 1405.2342, when you move your mesh along the X axis, it will immediately snap to 1400.0000, so on and so forth.

This should also work with scaling and rotation as well.

This will make it VERY easy to correct mistakes made due to user error, especially if those user errors were made en masse. Not only this, but if you intentionally align a mesh with decimal values for its transform properties, if you ever duplicate that mesh, you can rest easy knowing that it will “Fix” back to grid the moment you transform it.

This feature will increase productivity and reduce the amount of “off grid” transforms.

Thanks!

Hit CTRL+END (or just end I forget.)