Skeleton Error

Hi there.

So I’m using the ShooterGame as a basis for setting up the prototype for my project. I thought it would save time if I used the skeleton from the HeroTPP model so I exported the mesh, opened it inside 3Ds Max 2013 and then deleted the skin weighting and mesh and brought in my own custom mesh. I spent all day skin weighting my mesh to the skeleton and took specific care to ONLY rotate the skeleton and not re-size it in any way however when I import my mesh into the engine and then choose the HeroTPP skeleton and load up one of the animations (idle) this is what I get:

I don’t understand what went wrong.

Ok for anyone else experiencing a similar issue, deleting the HeroTPP dummy at the top of the skeletal chain and then re-importing mostly fixed the problem. For some reason though her left wrist is still falling off the weighted bones…

Inside max everything is fine though so I’m still unsure how to go about fixing this issue.

So apparently deleting the HeroTPP node caused the wrist bones to become re-assigned somehow. I’ve re-weighted them back to the appropriate bones and the issue is solved. So if anyone else is trying to use one of Epic’s skeletons to save having to make your own animations, just delete the top node in the stack (the one that’s not named b_“name”) and it should fix any problems.