Stairs BSP disappears when converting to static mesh

Simple issue, I click on BSP, click make static mesh button in details panel, and while it gives no errors, the BSP disappears , and no static mesh goes in its place.

Using 4.21, I wonder if I need to switch to 4.22 to fix ?
I just wanted to mention this in case its a bug as I’ve seen others talk about this, but no verification was made whether or not it really is a bug. One thing is for sure, this is not the expected behvior.

I’m working in world comp mode, and the ‘level’ is current ( in levels tab), so for now I"ll switch to 4.22 and see if error goes away but it shouldn’t happen anywhere, and if so,ue4 should definitely throw an error so there is no doubt what’s going and recommend the right action.

Thx

1.Odd, when I try to browse to mesh in assets from right click, it highlights a material–how is this possible ?

This has to be a bug, because I can see the mesh right in front of me.
I do not want to have to try and redo.
I did copy and paste of another brush in same DIR, renamed to missing brush ( uasset) and dragging in open engine content/meshes DIR, gives error, unknown extension, and its spelled right.

Is there a way around this ?

I realized later that the mesh in question , while clearly visible IN the viewport, wasn’t in Assets. No idea how this can happen, maybe a cache issue or some such thing, but anyway I just deleted and re-migrated over.