Store information for collectables?

Hi There,

I’m currently working on a mechanic for collecting stuff like Gems, I want to make a old school platformer like spyro. Si I currently have a level full of gems to collect and have a variable set up in my Game Instance to track this. The only issue is when i move to another level, the game instance adds all those gems as well. What I want is to have the Gem count separate per level. So Level 01 will have 10 gems and level 02 will have 15. What is the best way to store the Gem data, so it stays with its own level. But also have the ability to track as a whole and got back to previous levels if the player has missed any? Is this when I start working more with the game state?

I know it’s a lot to ask, but just need pointing in the right direction.

I recommend looking into save game object:

I’ve managed to create a Save and Load system, but the issue I’m getting at the moment is that when i move from one level to another. It is adding all the collected gems together, when i want them separate per level. If i have desperate save slots for each levels this is not an issue, i just need to get it working with just a single save slot