UDK (or ue4 maybe) transparent particle flicker

Hi, This question is concerning the latest version of UDK (it’s what we use at work), but perhaps a solution from UE4 would also work

I have two separate particle systems emitting smoke, and they spawn in the same spot - they need to remain as two separate particle systems, as one effects friendly players and one effects enemy players

The problem is that these particle systems flicker, ie they don’t seem to know which particle system should render in front of the other

I tried to change the friendly version’s “Translucent Sort Priority” within the particle system to 1, and the left the enemies version to 0, but nothing changed - the particles continue to flciker

is there a solution to force 1 transparent effect to render in font of the other?

Thanks

Yea, UE3 is what we are using - There is no activity on UDK forums so i figured someone here might have an answer. I’ll look for these subforums you speak of tho… thank you

You talking about UE3 or UE4?, UDK is specific distribution of UE3 and only UE3, so don’t mix it with UE4, as it confuse people.

Also you won’t get any UE3 (if thats what you refrencing by UDK) help here, you have higher chances to get any answer in UDK subforums in UE4 forum