UE constantly crashing after version 4.9

It’s been a while now that I see this problem and I don’t know why, but the only version of Unreal Engine that doesn’t crash in my computer is 4.9. Every version before or after this crashes when I try to open any folder or blueprint. I already tried to update my graphic card drivers and I’m out of ideas now. Any help?
I’m using a notebook Dell Inspiron 5548 with video card AMD Radeon R7 M260.

Please provide log files. Without more information there is no way to know what the problem is.

Sorry but I don’t have the time to explain from step 1. Plus, that information is very available with a search. It sounds like you want to give us the editor crash log.

Sorry, I’m new here.Where can I find them?

Alright, thanks anyway. I’ll see if I can find it.

if the error you’re getting has:

• ‘VtuneApi.dll’ does not exist.
  • Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost.
  • ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
  • DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR
  • Error: Result failed
    at D:\Build++UE4+Release-
    4.17+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Viewport.cpp:289

then its down to you updating your graphics.

I HAVE A SOLUTION

[][1]

Just know: half of being a good developer is being a good information seeker. Documentation is your best friend.

[1]:

Thank you so much! I’m an animator doing my first steps to be a developer. As you can see, I still have alot to learn.link text

Thanks for replying, but I already updated and didn’t work. After that, I removed the driver, downloaded from the browser and installed again and also didn’t work.

I thought I found the problem so I posted an answer, but I misread the log so I deleted it. Apologies.

The errors are “PrimaryIsNotTheChoosenAdapter” and “FoundDriverCount:0”.

It looks like the OS is saying the ATI card is available but it’s not using the right driver.

If you didn’t already, try telling the ATI control panel to force the UE4 Editor to use the Radeon. Also, it’s a long shot but you could try disabling the Radeon and trying to run UE4 with the onboard GPU. See if it even runs, maybe, but I doubt it would be sufficient for working in the Editor even if it does run.

Otherwise…

I think this is the same problem I helped someone else with. I gave them the same answer that Sleeq gave you. The conclusion was that (for whatever reason) that Radeon video card can no longer support UE4. Or there’s a major driver issue.

I know it’s not the answer you want, but it seems you may want to upgrade that card – or at least find/start a post on the ATI forums. If enough people complain maybe they’ll look into it.

bad wording on my half, i meant the update is what caused the crash. you need to roll the driver back 16.12.2 Radeon.

Thank you very much everybody!!! I did the steps Sleeq wrote and it’s working fine now :slight_smile:

Glad to hear. Make sure you mark Sleeq’s answer as the correct one. It helps keep things neat and gives Sleeq some points.