UE4.9.2 - Bugfix UE-20792 DrawMaterial() doesn't work when connected to a Dynamic Material Instance

The 4.9.2 release says UE-20792 DrawMaterial() has been fixed, but the bug is still present.
See: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15053325/DMI_bug05.zip

In UE4.6 to UE4.8 the above example project renders a blue transparent ring
using a [CreateDynamicMaterialInstance] node connected to a [DrawMaterial] node.

However, If you run the above project in UE4.9 the blue ring is not displayed.
The transparency/translucency is still broken.

Hi ash22 -

This looks to be a case instance that was not tested before the release of the fix for non-Dynamic Material Instances, I reopened the issue as UE-21681 and as soon as I hear anything I will let you know here.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Thanks Eric.

Hi
Just so you know, I ran the same test project above the in new 4.10 release
but the UE-21681 bug is still unresolved.

I’m also encountering this issue in 4.10.

Hello -

This particular issue is currently backlogged. I do not have a clear timetable as to when a fix will be made available.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

also got stucked with this problem.
thanks

Hi regarding this 6-month bug backlog (since Oct 2015), any update on UE-21681?

I had to pull one of my assets from the market place because UE-21681 in 4.9 prevented it from functioning. I regularly get requests for my asset, but I have to keep referring potential clients to this page.

I just wanted to know if there was any new information I could pass on to enquirers.

Thanks.

Hi ash22 -

Unfortunately I wish I had better news to give you, but the issue is still currently backlogged. I have updated the bug with new information about the issue continuing to occur in current versions of the editor and added the information that this is blocking a previously released asset from the marketplace. As soon as I know any additional information I will post back here.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Ok, thanks for the update.