UE4 & ZB work together?

Ok, guys, I have this question:
If for you it will not be a problem to answer:

Because I work at ZBrush I want to do these models in ZBrush and I Exported them in UE4. I ask this question because I see that people give an example, we can make our meshes in 3DStudio Max, Maya. Well, there is not bad, really, but I wish I could use for my meshes a ZBrush! Is there a problem with that? I want to say a software incompatibility or something of that kind?
I ask this question before I try it myself, because I do not want to blot problems. And if ZBrush cannot work with Unreal Engine4, I prefer to know it in advance.
And the next question:
If ZBrush can work with UE4 what I should do first?
Should I first retopology a created in ZB mesh? Then create a animated skeleton structure in 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender, and then Export model in UE4?
You tell me if I misunderstood the workflow?

I thank you in advance. I hope someone can answer.

Should I first retopology a created in ZB mesh? Then create a animated skeleton structure in 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender, and then Export model in UE4?

Yeah, this is what you should do for skeletal meshes. Since a couple of million polygon high-def models are useless in any game engine you’ll have to retopologize them. For static meshes, you can import them directly into the UE4 after retopologizing and unwrapping the UV’s but you may have issues with orientation and other stuff and since OBJ format is limited at what it can export it will be to your advantage to use Max, Maya, Blender or Cinema4d as a middleware to polish and give your model its final looks before you export it as FBX.

Polishing as in making sure it looks correct in UE4. For instance setting Z as up and X as forward directions, scaling it to a proper size for your game, etc. If you are new to all these i suggest heading out to forums like Polycount to learn more about modeling and preparing models for a game engine.

Hi., Jacky , I thank you for your quick response and so comprehensive! Very helpful, indeed!

“to use Max, Maya, Blender or Cinema4d as a middleware to polish and give your model its final looks”

Since I am a beginner in the world of 3D animation, for now I’m working only on ZB and a bit of Blender as 3D programs, I would ask you, you can define the word ---- polishing ---- the model and how I can give it a ----final view — on Max, Maya, Blender or Cinema4d?
Something different from retopology or?

Again, I thank you in advance. ^___^

“If you are new to all these i suggest heading out to forums like Polycount to learn more about modeling and preparing models for a game engine.”

Yes, good advice. I will go in this forum. I definitely have a lot to learn.