Unreal Engine 4, can I use it for my needs?

You can make beautiful stuff, and yes it is possible to make stuff that looks like battlefield 4, but if you super realistic and super detailed cinematics, I would recommend using something like blender.

At end it depends on your definition of cinematics :wink:

Hey RutgerlsHD,

Check out our documentation on our Matinee system here:

And our Persona animation system here:

Hope that helps!

Hello,

I would like to know a few things before I consider buying UE4. I would like to make cinematics/machinimas within Unreal Engine 4. I would like to know if you are able to get Battlefield 4 stuff in UE4. majority of videos I upload on my -channel is about that game, but I would like to upload some nice and sweet cinematics. Is UE4 able to fit that need? Also I would like to know what I get when I buy UE4. What kind of cinematics am I able to make from that point. Am I able to import files with characters and stuff? Or do I have to make them myself?
I hope you are able to help me out with my consideration of buying Unreal Engine 4.

Kind regards,
Rutger Mandemaker.

Okay, thanks. I will read all that and see if I am happy with it.
@Skynet, what do you mean with “stuff that looks like battlefield 4”? Do you mean I am able to make materials and things like that that looks like BF4. Or am I able to import files that are actual BF4 meshes, characters and stuff like that?

You are able to create materials and things like that.
Importing original BF4 meshes isn’t possible, or atleast not allowed.

Hmm, that is very unfortunate… I don’t know how to make that stuff myself. Therefore my question if there are things that look nice etc. within standard UE4 kit. Or are there any ways to download them?

UE4 has a marketplace for sample content which does come with some example assets and maps, but Battlefield 4 is an EA game, so unless you email them for assets that you will never get, you’d have to create copies. That being said, you could make anything along lines of their engine tech demos (infiltrator/elemental). If you could find a program similar to WoW’s “model viewer” for battlefield 4 then you might be able to swing that, but all property of that game belongs to EA so it’s highly unlikely you’d be able to just find their character models somewhere.

Edit: note that everything on marketplace currently is free, and there’s lots of cool reusable stuff, so it’s definitely worth giving a look. Even a full shooter game setup with flying cars!

Aah, okay. Thanks. I’ll probably buy it then. Those cinematics (Infiltrator/Elemental) Looked very beast. Thanks for your support.