Use structure blueprint in different blueprints

Hello
I created a structure blueprint and has a float variable.
In level blueprint I used to save in structure variable event tick value with Make and I tried also with Set members in something. This part works fine but when I want Break in another blueprints for example in widget then I don’t get the value. I get only 0.0 value.

If I try Break method in level blueprint then I get the value.
So my question is:
Can I use Make method in one blueprint and Break in another blueprint?

Here is the printscreens:

Level blueprint:

Widget blueprint:

What is the problem here? As I wrote before if I use break in the level where is the Make then it works but if I use the break in another blueprint then it doesn’t work.

Sounds a bit like either you don’t get ur struct passed onto the other blueprint or you may be using this in an array? Does it work with a regular native datatype like a float, so if you don’t use a struct. Try “Make Literal Float” and see if that works.

When you set your struct in your level blueprint, you need to transfer that value to your widget blueprint. I don’t see where you do that. Structs are just a complex datatype and behaves much like a normal variable, so just having two variables of a certain type doesn’t mean they are both set. Makes sense?

I just followed this tutorial: WTF Is? A Struct (Part 2) - YouTube and it works if I use Make and Break in same blueprint. I thought this method works with that which I planned above. Can you create a structure which can use as I wrote above? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm and how can I do this? Have you tutorial somewhere? :smiley: I am newbie to this. :smiley:

As i said, you need to transfer the struct from the level blueprint into the widget blueprint. So i don’t know where you have your widget. You should first get this sorted out.

There are several posts on this. Google: access widget from level blueprint

You might wanna look into event dispatchers.

Ok, I solved my problem. I did cast to gamemode and from there I use my variable in other blueprint.

Good to hear, remember to mark the question as solved if you found it useful. Thanks

Yeah, it works, but this method is not the right answer to my question because I wanted use Structure blueprint direct. I didn’t want use other blueprint to use variables because with Structure blueprint I can collect all variable at once. It doesn’t need to search for different variable in future.

But thank you your suggestion.