Using Microsoft Paint for Sprites

Hey guy I have a problem that has been frustrating me to no end.
I’m trying to make a 2D game in the Unreal Engine and I want to import an image that I used in ms paint and I do that but I can’t get the background of the image to be transparent and I’ve looked everywhere for an answer but my efforts have been fruitless. hELP!

It is called “chroma-keying” and this feature become available now recently in the last version (4.8)
See release notes: Unreal Engine 4.8 Release Notes | Unreal Engine Documentation
(Search for “chroma-keyed” there)

You have to select your texture asset and activate “Chroma Key Texture” first then select your set your background color.

If you want to avoid this then use alpha transparency creating your textures as *.PNG with GIMP or Photoshop instead of MS-paint.

Hey just thought I would chime in. While not related to your answer I would HIGHLY recommend PYXELEDIT for making sprites. It just makes 2D Gamedev so much easier.

It is also very cheap. Nine Dollars USD last I checked :slight_smile:

Thank you soooo much!!!
You have no idea how many headaches you’ve saved me from.
I would love to use photoshop but I’m making this game without any money soooooo…yeah…

You’re welcome! Paint is fun, would be nice to see a game art made full with it.

Btw, Gimp is also free :wink:

hi I love this sprite but I do not know where to find it could you pass it to me